It is hard to believe that summer’s end is just around the corner, but Labor Day is almost here! Which means it is time for one last big weekend for the summer. Like many of you, I am planning to spend it at a relaxing BBQ by the pool with family and friends. After all, what can be better then being with your family, and spending time with good friends outdoors? But whether you will be partying on the beach, at a backyard barbecue, or heading out to picnics or any other outdoor activity, it is important to remember that the sun is still very strong!
Here are some helpful tips to help you to enjoy your time in a sun sensible way:
- Always wear a sun hat and sunglasses. The shade they give are closer in range compared to that of a beach umbrella. This is helpful when you factor in the reflection of sunlight from the waters.
- Apply sunscreen often (read more about how to choose a safer sunscreen)
- Invest in a protective swimsuit—it may be pricier, but it can do wonders and truly save your skin!
- While you’re at it, don a cover wrap, too. It can lend you extra coverage for when you’re out of the water.
- Avoid hanging out under direct sun from 10 AM to 4 PM, when the UV rays are most dangerous. Instead, take a dip before or after those hours. Not only does your skin bask in less damaging light and heat, but you also get to enjoy the horizon during the golden hours. (Fashion blogger tip: these are the best times to take pictures! *wink*)
Like I always say, I never let the harmful sun-rays get in the way of my fun. I spending time with my family and friends outdoors. With all the necessary precautions it is completely possible to be sun safe and enjoy the beautiful outdoors!
What are your Labor Day weekend plans?